Red flags don’t just involve tenants these days. Bad landlords are bad news, and they come in many different forms. They can turn your perfect apartment into an unbearable living situation or be a pain for any property management company.
Whether you are a tenant looking for a rental or a property management company in search of an apartment complex, here are a few major landlord failures to be aware of.
- If a landlord spends the security deposit.
- Do they put off pressing maintenance issues?
- If they just leave rental applications in common areas.
- Do they cancel appointments or are late on showings without giving notice?
- Do they make empty promises?
- Do they show a lack of respect for the tenant?
- Do they have enough in the budget to use professionals for clean up?
- Is the property well maintained and taken care of?
- Do they seem organized?
If a landlord is difficult or won’t make needed changes in a rental, it is in your best interest to get out of the situation. Otherwise, you’ll have to live with it or fight it in court; both options are expensive and frustrating. If you are interested in having Real Property Management manage your property, contact us today!