It can be difficult to make a rental feel like a home. No holes in the wall can hinder you from hanging personal photos and art. No painting can make the area feel blah, there is good news! There are simple solutions to these problems.
- How to brighten up your space without using paint:
- Oversized art – This is a great way to add a focal point as well as a pop of color. Don’t worry about hanging it, we’ll get to that.
- Colorful pillows/throws/rugs – This not only adds color to the room, it also adds dimension to the design of the space. Plus it makes the room extra comfy!
- Paint other items – Paint your dining chairs, side tables, or accent items. Get sick of the color, repaint it! It’s much easier than repainting the walls.
- Get creative with your displays:
- You can’t put holes in the walls, no sweat! Try out adhesive strips and wall putty to hang lightweight items.
- For those big beautiful works of art, try leaning the item against the wall either from the floor or from a dresser-type table.
- If there is a part of the room you don’t like, say an old vent or something, hide it with a plant! Plus plants bring extra life to a space.
- Revamp that restroom:
- This may be the perfect place to try out that temporary wallpaper you’ve been hearing so much about.
- If you have an unpleasant tile color, try to choose a color palette that compliments it. Work with what ya got!
- And the simplest trick of all, deep clean! You’ll be surprised at how much better a clean bathroom looks.
Take a weekend, and knock out some of these DIY’s! You’ll be amazed at how homey you can make your rental feel. Hey, you may never wanna leave!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.